You have created your podcast audio file and now you want to have you podcast listed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, and all the other popular platforms. There are just a few steps you need to follow:
- Find a podcast host to store and deliver your audio to listeners. Check out PodServe.fm for podcast hosting
- Your podcast host will generate what is called an RSS feed. The backbone of all podcasting.
- You or your podcast host will submit your RSS feed to all of the popular platforms.
- Every time you upload a podcast episode to your host they will update your RSS feed.
- The podcast apps will periodically check your podcast's RSS feed. If they see a new episode on it, they will update their app with your new episode.
- That's it! Keep uploading your episodes to your host and you have a podcast!
Podcasts differ from YouTube in that you do not upload your podcast directly to the podcast apps. Instead you upload all of your episodes to your podcast host. All of the podcast apps will periodically check your podcast host for any new episodes you upload. If the podcast app sees a new episode they will update their app accordingly.
This system has a lot of benefits over something like YouTube:
- No need to go around uploading episodes individually to each platform you want to be on.
- Your listeners can listen to your podcast in whatever podcast app they choose.
- You control your content. No one app can totally shut down your podcast.
- All ad revenue you make goes directly to you. No need to split it with the podcast apps you are on.
So if you are looking to get your podcast on all the different apps you'll need a podcast host like PodServe.fm. We make it super simple to get your podcast distributed. Just upload your podcast episodes and we will get them listed on all the platforms for you.
If you have any questions feel free to just chat with me using the orange button at the bottom right.
Try PodServe.fm podcast hosting for free
Start your 14 day free trial